Potassium sulfate is a commonly used potash, white crystals, sometimes with impurities are gray or light yellow, containing potassium oxide (K2O) 48% -52%. Its hygroscopicity is very small, no agglomeration when stored, soluble in water, is quick-acting fertilizer.
Potassium sulfate is a physiological acid fertilizer, so the application of acid soil should be appropriate with the application of lime. Potassium sulfate and insoluble phosphate rock fertilizer with the application, Potassium Sulphate not only can reduce the acid, but also can improve the fertilizer efficiency. Potassium sulfate is applied on sandy soils, preferably in small quantities, Potassium Sulphate or in combination with farm manure to reduce fertilizer loss.
(1) for basal application. The potassium sulfate spread to the ground or ridge, combined with the ground or ridge will be poured into the soil or poured into the ridge, this practice fertilization site deeper, the effect is good. Generally about 150 kg per hectare.
(2) for seed fertilizer or topdressing application. Potassium sulfate in the soil mobility is small, should be concentrated facilities or points applied to the crop root-intensive soil layer, Potassium Sulphate to facilitate the potassium sulfate in the soil called the smaller root system absorption and utilization. Potassium sulfate fertilizer is very high, can not directly contact the seeds, so as not to burn. According to the experiment: potassium sulfate and wheat seed mixed, 75 kg per hectare, the burning rate of 5%; 150 kg per hectare, the burning rate of 12%, the emergence of 3-6 days late. Potassium sulfate mixed with soybean seeds, 150 kg per hectare, Potassium Sulphate the burning rate of up to 28% -30%, 1-4 days late emergence. Potassium sulfate for seed fertilizer should be applied 3-5 cm away from the seed. For topdressing can be based on crop sowing, to take the facilities or facilities, into the 5-10 cm deep soil, after the cover soil.
Potassium sulfate characteristics
Potassium sulfate: 54% of the theoretical, generally 50%; is a chemical neutral, physiological acid fertilizer, has a good water-soluble, but long-term use, will increase soil acidification, Potassium Sulphate suitable for grape coloring to fruit ripening, Promote the fruit powder coloring, increase fruit sweetness.
Application of potassium sulfate in different soil reactions and should pay attention to matters:
(1) in the acidic soil, the excess sulfate will increase the acidity of the soil, and even increase the soil active aluminum, iron poisoning crops. In the flooding conditions, Potassium Sulphate too much sulfate will be reduced to generate hydrogen sulfide, so that the root damage black. Therefore, the long-term use of potassium sulfate and farm manure, alkaline phosphate and lime with the reduction of acidity, in practice should also be combined with drainage measures to improve ventilation.
(2) in the calcareous soil, sulfate and soil calcium ions in the soil is not easy to dissolve calcium sulfate.
(3) focus on the use of bogey chlorine crops, such as tobacco, tea, grapes, Potassium Sulphate sugar cane, sugar beet, watermelon, potato and other potassium sulfate not only increase production, but also improve quality. Potassium sulfate price is more expensive than potassium chloride, less supply, should focus on the use of chlorine sensitive and hi hi potassium on the economic crops, the benefits will be better.
(4) potassium sulfate should not be mixed with calcium-rich fertilizer application.
It is said that a lot of fruit area of manganese poisoning is caused by soil acidification, and the direct cause of soil acidification is the use of potassium sulfate year round. So, fertilizer, Potassium Sulphate nothing to change with the use, do not have been used, you have been eating something that will cause malnutrition, let alone the land.