Potassium sulfate is a commonly used potash, white crystals, sometimes with impurities are gray or light yellow, containing potassium oxide (K2O) 48% -52%. Its hygroscopicity is very small, no agglomeration when stored, soluble in water, is quick-acting fertilizer.
Potassium sulfate is a physiological acid fertilizer, Potassium Sulphate so the application of acid soil should be appropriate with the application of lime. Potassium sulfate and insoluble phosphate rock fertilizer with the application, not only can reduce the acid, but also can improve the fertilizer efficiency. Potassium sulfate is applied on sandy soils, preferably in small quantities, Potassium Sulphate or in combination with farm manure to reduce fertilizer loss.
(1) for basal application. The potassium sulfate spread to the ground or ridge, combined with the ground or ridge will be poured into the soil or poured into the ridge, this practice fertilization site deeper, the effect is good. Generally about 150 kg per hectare.
(2) for seed fertilizer or topdressing application. Potassium sulfate in the soil mobility is small, should be concentrated facilities or points applied to the crop root-intensive soil layer, Potassium Sulphate to facilitate the potassium sulfate in the soil called the smaller root system absorption and utilization. Potassium sulfate fertilizer is very high, can not directly contact the seeds, so as not to burn. According to the experiment: potassium sulfate and wheat seed mixed, 75 kg per hectare, the burning rate of 5%; 150 kg per hectare, Potassium Sulphate the burning rate of 12%, the emergence of 3-6 days late. Potassium sulfate mixed with soybean seeds, 150 kg per hectare, the burning rate of up to 28% -30%, 1-4 days late emergence. Potassium sulfate for seed fertilizer should be applied 3-5 cm away from the seed. For topdressing can be based on crop sowing, to take the facilities or facilities, Potassium Sulphate into the 5-10 cm deep soil, after the cover soil.
Long-term use of potassium sulfate and farm manure, alkaline phosphate and lime with the reduction of acidity, in practice should also be combined with drainage measures to improve ventilation. Second, in calcareous soils, sulfate and calcium ions in the soil produce insoluble calcium sulphate (gypsum). Potassium Sulphate Too much calcium sulfate will cause soil compaction, this time should pay attention to increase farm manure. Third, the use of bogey chlorine crops, such as tobacco, tea, grapes, sugar cane, beets, watermelon, potato and other potash increase not only yield, but also improve the quality. Potassium sulfate price is more expensive than potassium chloride, less supply, Potassium Sulphate should focus on the use of chlorine sensitive and hi hi potassium on the economic crops, the benefits will be better.
Potassium sulfate for the chemical neutral, physical acid fertilizer, widely applicable to all types of soil and a variety of crops, especially the avoid chlorine, potassium sulfate instead of potassium chloride, a good potash. The specific use of the main methods are:
(1) can be used as basal fertilizer. Dryland with potassium sulfate as base fertilizer, must be deep casing, in order to reduce the potassium crystal fixation, Potassium Sulphate and conducive to crop root absorption, improve utilization.
(2) for top dressing. Since potassium is less mobile in the soil, it should be concentrated or applied to the more dense soil layer to promote absorption.
(3) can be used as seed fertilizer and root top dressing. Potassium Sulphate For the amount of fertilizer acres of 1.5 to 2.5 kg, can also be formulated into 2% to 3% of the solution for the root outside the top dressing.